- Held a one-man exhibit at the Grand Central Art Galleries in New York,
exhibiting 40 paintings (1925).
- First Prize for General Painting at the Manila Carnival Commercial and
Industrial Fair (1927).
- First Prize for his painting "Afternoon Meal of Rice Workers"
at the New York World's Fair competing with other paintings from over 79 countries (1939).
- Exhibited at the Missionary Art Exhibit in Rome with two of his
historical paintings entitled "Faith Among the Ruins" and Baptism of Rajah Humabon" (1950).
- Exhibited at the International Exposition at the Civetas Des Vatican
Pavilion in Brussels, Belgium (1958).
- Gold Medal of Recognition from the UNESCO National Commission (1959).
- Rizal-Pro Patria Award and Doctor of Humanities (Honoris Causa) from
the Far Eastern University (1961).
- Diploma of Merit from the University of the Philippines (1962).
- Araw ng Maynila Award for Painting (1963).
- Cultural Heritage Award from Independence Day National Committee (1963).
- First National
Artist of the Republic of the Philippines (1972)
Retrospective Exhibit at the National Museum at the Department of
Tourism in May (1975)
at the Metropolitan Museum, Manila, "Lupang Hinirang, Alay ni Amorsolo"
in June (1989)
- Celebration of his
Centennial year: The Presidential
Commission on Culture and Arts sponsored the "Launching of The Amorsolo
Centennial" on May 27 at Galleria de las Islas, El Amancer, Intramuros,
- Exhibition at the Lopez
Museum, "Amorsolo Drawings" (1992)
- Exhibition at the
National Museum, "Larawan" (1992)
- Exhibition at the Ayala
Museum, "The Corporate Amorsolo" (1992)
- Conferment of the Doctor
of Humanities, Honoris Causa, by the University of the Philippines on
September 30 (1992)
- The PICC Art
Gallery exhibit, "The Amorsolo Legacy", an exhibit of works by Amorsolo
and of his children and grandchildren (1993)
Fernando" exhibit at the Ayala Museum, Makati (2000)
- "Brush with
History" exhibit at the Ayala Museum, Makati (2002)
- "Pioneer of
Philippine Art [Luna, Amorsolo, Zobel]" exhibit at the Asian Art Museum
of San Francisco, USA (2006)
- Received "Parangal
Sentenyal" at University of the Philipppines" June 16 (2008)
- "His Art, Our Heart" the
Fernando Amorsolo seven-museum retrospective exhibit participated in by
Ayala Museum, GSIS Museum of Art, Lopez Memorial Museum, Metropolitan
Museum of Manila, National Museum of the Philippines, UP Jorge B. Vargas
Museum and Filipiniana Research Center, and Yuchengco Museum (2008)